About Julie Phillips
Julie Phillips has been described as a “walking encyclopaedia of food!” Understanding the wisdom contained within food has always fascinated her.
Julie began formal studies in nutrition/food as medicine 18 years ago. Her studies have been wide and varied and in summary include the following:
- A Bachelor of Arts in Recreation Management (sports and human movement)
- Macrobiotics through the ‘Australian School of Macrobiotics’ and ‘The Kushi Institute’ USA
- Chinese medicine ‘Barefoot Doctor’ with the Traditional Healing Arts Centre
- Certificate IV in Training Australian Institue of Management
- Whole Foods & Nutrition, Heartwood Institute USA – principle lecturer Paul Pitchford – author of ‘Healing with Whole Food’
- Touch for Health Kinesiology levels I to IV
- Food as Medicine at the Australian College of Natural Medicine - High Distinction
- Diploma in Shiatsu and Oriental Medicine - Qld College of Oriental Medicine
- Certificate in Dynamic Healing with Mike Robinson (3 year course)
- Chi Massage
- And a string of other studies to long to bore you, needless to say, all her friends joke that they all met her on a course of some kind.
Julie runs personal consultations that cover Food Therapy, Shiatsu Massage, Oriental Medicine and Kinesiology as well as comprehensive food seminars with a special focus area on paediatrics and women’s health. She is the Advanced Food as Medicine Lecturer at the Qld College of Oriental Medicine and the ‘nutrition’ therapist with www.practitionersconnected.com.au a group of practitioners who focus on children of all ages including pre/post conception. Only one practitioner per modality, each selected on proficiency.
Julie also volunteers as the Brisbane chapter leader for the International Weston A. Price non-profit nutritional organisation, is the Qld board member for the non-profit group Nourishing Australia and the Brisbane co-ordinator for the non-profit Traditional Foods Network. She writes for several health and parenting magazines and is a guest lecturer and cook at various residential retreats.
To make an appointment please phone (07) 3808 6633